An easy-to-use tool for estimating heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, with up-to-date cost data and estimating examples. This all-in-one reference gives you the accepted standards and procedures for takeoff and pricing HVAC systems, as well as piping, plumbing, and fire protection. Includes all of the major mechanical systems in new building construction.
The book will show you how to:
- Evaluate mechanical plans and specs so you can estimate all cost components
- Measure, quantify, and perform takeoffs for materials, labor, and equipment
- Identify and correctly apply direct and indirect costs, including overhead and profit
- Use forms to improve accuracy and efficiency – with electronic forms now available on the book’s own website
- Compare materials and methods and select the most cost-effective way to get the job done
- Train new estimators with clear instructions for estimating the mechanical trades
- Make the best use of RSMeans Mechanical Cost Data and RSMeans Plumbing Cost Data
Organized for easy reference, the book gives you quick access to whatever aspect of mechanical estimating you need. It includes a glossary of mechanical terms and definitions – plus symbols used on mechanical plans, useful formulas, checklists, and conversion tables.